But, now it is spring, and even though the sky is still grey here I see tulips and daffodils everywhere and I am getting that restless spring feeling. Any minute it's gonna be sunny here in Portland and although I am not one to complain about the rain in Portland (I moved here for it), it will be nice to see some sun.
An aside: This town is wacky for "good weather". Friday night it was about 55 degrees and the skies were gray. As I drove by the park at about 6:30 pm I noticed that it was filled with people just hanging, playing games, lounging - as if it were 80 degrees. In Southern California they would be making soup with weather like that. Ah, Portland, you're cute.
Here's a short list of my favorite things right now:
1. Spring flowers! This image is from an issue of Ideals magazine from The 60's. And My neighborhood looks just like this. (not really)
2. Stamps! These pretty new stamps for Chinese New Year - Year of the Rabbit - are so lovely.
3. California Strawberries! I am am eating them everyday at lunch and I put in salads for dinner. Strawberries and smoked salmon is a good combo for a salad.
4. The Webfooters Postcard Show and Sale! I'm a member of this Postcard Club. I've been working on this for the last month, working on publicity and creating the new Member Roster for the year.
The show is this coming weekend, April 16 & 17th. There will be lots of vintage postcards and photographs and all kinds of things. Come on down and see the neat stuff.
5. Wii Resort! I got a Wii for Christmas and I adore the resort game. It ia a bunch of sports that all take place on this island. My favorite is flying the airplane around - but almost everything is great. Last night we had bicycle races around the island.
6. Vacation! The Mister and I are going on a short vacation to the coast in May. I will go the Oregon Coast Aquarium for the first time. Looking forward to the ocean breezes and maybe a meal at Local Ocean Seafoods.
7. Bald Eagles Nest! I've been hooked on watching the Bald Eagle's nest from Decorah, Iowa. There are 3 little ones and it so amazing to watch and listen to. You'd think I would have seen enough eagles feeding young in my life, but, I guess not.
8. This video! A cat and a dolphin playing - awesome.
I'm going to end this at 8 because I've had to redo this post too many times due to either blogger or my computer or who knows what.
Anyway, I hope you are all having a great time enjoying the arrival of spring!
An excellent list. Mmm CA strawberries! We pretty much lived on 'em while visiting my sister in California a year and a bit ago.
Post a Comment